100% of the money invested in the Commitment 2030 Fund is divided equally among the organizations that comprise the Fund. From its inception to the present, the Commitment 2030 Fund invests in The Hunger Project, CHOICE Humanitarian, Water for People, and the Pachamama Alliance.
Money invested in the Commitment 2030 Fund is managed by FeelGood and is invested in our partner organizations twice a year (in December and July).
- It’s simple. Grilled cheese are easy to make – nearly anyone can do it! And, when we’re using grilled cheese as a means to engage in complex dialogue around what it takes to end extreme poverty…the simpler the better!
- It’s easy to source ingredients locally.
- It’s nostalgic. In North America, at least, grilled cheese is a comfort food, one you likely ate growing up. We want FeelGood customers to have an emotional connection to the food we serve. When you feel at home, you’re more comfortable having conversations about challenging topics, like what it really takes to end extreme poverty by 2030.
- It’s vegetarian. There are PLENTY of delicious grilled cheese recipes that require no meat whatsoever. There is a clear and compelling connection between issues of extreme poverty with the environment, and serving vegetarian food is one simple way to align our enterprising activity with the UN’s Global Goals. Many FeelGood chapters also serve up vegan sandwiches.
- Mobilize self-reliant action at the grassroots level
- Effectively address the social condition of gender inequality
- Forge partnerships with local governments and organizations
- Embrace environmentally sustainable practices
- Have a proven track record of a cost-effective model for unleashing self-reliance.
As FeelGood grew, we wanted chapters to have a choice of more than one organization they could support. With that, in 2009, CHOICE Humanitarian became our second partner organization.
In 2014, FeelGood developed the Commitment 2030 Fund. The vision of the Fund is to support organizations directly committed to as many of the UN’s Global Goals as possible. In that interest, FeelGood selected two additional partner organizations: Water for People and the Pachamama Alliance.
Combined, our partner organizations directly support Global Goals 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 15, and because of the inherent interconnectedness of all of these goals, indirectly work on all 17.