Finals are over and the holidays are upon us, and hopefully with that and the prospect of a new year there is a chance for us all to breathe and reflect on what matters most in our lives. We, at FeelGood, hope you have a restful, safe, and fulfilling winter break.
And of course, our movement’s work doesn’t stop. While you are home for break, know that the roughly $20,000+ we have received from our chapters so far (and much more on the way) is being immediately invested in the work of our partner organizations of the Commitment 2030 Fund. Know that even though it’s the holiday season, chronic persistent hunger does not take a break, and every day another 21,000 of our human family are lost to the conditions of extreme poverty. And know that with the alarming changes and transitions taking place in our country over the next months, that now more than ever, every single one of us is needed to unleash our highest selves and get busy making the world a more healed, holistic, beautiful place.
If you’re wondering what you can do to “FeelGood” over winter break, you’re not alone. Here are 6 easy ways to stay involved. Please join us!
- Strategize for Next Term – Take advantage of the break to get a jump start on your plan for next semester/term, before midterms and papers start piling up! Plan a video call with your leadership team to start talking. Or better yet, plan a chapter or leadership team retreat for when you get back so you can do this as a team in person! Here’s a helpful retreat planning resource.
- Set Up An Online Fundraiser – The holidays are a season of giving, and there is no better time to set up an online fundraiser for your chapter to get even closer to your annual fundraising goal. Email Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a fundraiser. Check out Siena College FeelGood’s fundraiser as an example, and check out these tips and resources for effective online fundraising.
- Join Our FeelGood Book Club for January – Fill out this form to join our book club in the month of January. We will be reading one of two works of foundational FeelGood literature, either Charles Eisenstein’s “The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know Is Possible” or Lynne Twist’s “The Soul of Money”. Sign up by December 28th so we can schedule group hangouts to begin at the end of the first week of January.
- Consider Joining a CHOICE Expedition in 2017 – You may have heard the news recently that FeelGood alumna and former staff member Peggy will be leading an expedition to Peru in July to witness the work and partnership of CHOICE Humanitarian. Winter break is the perfect time to seriously consider this opportunity for yourself. Take a moment to read through the details here.
- Send Gratitude Letters to Chapter Partners and Donors – In the spirit of thanksgiving, take some of the free time over break to really strengthen those key partnerships you have with your chapter, like your faculty advisor, Changemaker Ignitor, dining services contact, or an important deli donor or food donations partner. You can use some of the donor gratitude resources at the bottom of this page.
- Sign Up for a Game Changer Intensive – The Gamechanger Intensive is one of our C2030 Fund partner, the Pachamama Alliance’s, online educational courses. It is a 7-week intensive designed “to educate, inspire, and equip you to be a pro-activist leader, a game changer in your community.” Make a bold new years resolution to complete the gamechanger intensive by registering before January 15th.